Monday, June 23, 2008

RAIN REGULARLY

Lately we've been getting very frequent very short rainstorms with thunder, lightning & wind. Fran & Uncle Frankie came over for a few hours late Saturday. We ate Sizzle Pie pizza & a nice cake for dessert. She left late yesterday morning to go back to work. I spent a while over the weekend practicing my guitar. It sounds pathetic because I haven't ever been able to figure out how to keep it in tune. I'm getting better at playing though. Yesterday I watched part of a tribute to Tim Russert. It's nice to see he was so good a person. This morning I just found out about the death of George Carlin. I took a public speaking class a while ago at S.U.N.Y Farmingdale where the teacher, Cornelius McAdory, said that he & Carlin were once classmates. Carlin was entirely too blunt for me. As a kid I'd always enjoyed his stuff but after a while I started noticing that he just wasn't even the least bit my kind of style. He was certainly much different than Russert. Both were famous Irish Catholics but one seemed to have been entirely on the right track, while the other was completely off_beat. Oddly gas has been getting a bit less expensive lately. It always seems to fluctuate. The Fourth of July is getting, slowly but surely, closer. That always makes for an extremely distinctive kind of time for one & all. Lately I've been listening more & more to my old vinyl albums. Yesterday I listened to my old Marshall Crenshaw album from 1982. I recently heard that he's still in circulation these days. That's most certainly quite a very nice surprise.

No comments: