Saturday, August 16, 2008

CARMELITE MEETING

This morning's Carmelite meeting went quite well. Amazingly, ten people showed up, including Theresa who's just moved into town from Middletown, N.Y. She showed up at a meeting a few months ago. Little did we know she'd ever be back. We now have a new name, Our Lady of the Mountain, for our fraternity. I'm having more than a slightly difficult time of things, of course, being our new formation director. I lectored at 5:00 Mass yesterday but they couldn't find anyone to help me. Uncle Frankie & my parents went to Mass at noon yesterday for Aunt Mary Theresa over at St. John the Evangelist in Pittston. Yesterday I practiced my guitar for a while. By now it's not even the least bit hard to keep up the habit anymore. I just take it entirely for granted at this rate. Happy twentieth birthday to my goddaughter Kristy Nicole in North Tonawanda, N.Y. She's cousin Mary Ellen's daughter. She & my nephew Michael, who's her age, are both my godchildren. His birthday will be next week. Unfortunately I ate yet more junk food yesterday & last night. Pop Tarts & nuts aren't really all that good for me but they can both be quite annoyingly addicting when they're around.

No comments: