Monday, September 15, 2008

BIRThdAY PARTY

Saturday, as usual, I lectored at 5:00 Mass. Laura was my sidekick. Other than that it was an uneventful day. Yesterday was my birthday party. Fran, Lisa & Uncle Frankie all showed up. There was very much food & dessert, all of which was quite fattening. On top of that, I finished the night off with a Holy Name Society party, where Jerry made hamburgers & peppers. I passed on the peppers but ate hamburgers with onions & relish. There were beer & soda too. Fr. Walsh is back in circulation as of this weekend. He showed up at the meeting. Dave came over to help this morning with setting up my new TV set. The old one is now in the garage. I don't even bother to watch TV anyway but hey, things happen. Lately gasoline prices have been going up through the roof again, so I made sure I went to the Turkey Hill station over in Forty Fort to get $21worth of gas over with in one shot so I can avoid any unnecessary trouble with the sudden jolt in price. John, an old friend from high school, has just sent me a happy birthday e mail. My guitar playing continues as always, however small my repertoire may be. On Saturday there was a big parade of firemen outside because of the Wyoming Fire Dept.'s hundredth anniversary. It was loud, annoying &, at first, a little on the scary side.

1 comment:

treen said...

happy bitrhday for you

treen