Wednesday, September 17, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIZ KITTI

Long long ago, in a land far far away, Miz Kitti & I first met. Today is her birthday. We used to work together over in Melville & Farmingdale. I haven't gotten a chance to see her in a while but like everyone else, she's on my e mail list. Last night I saw "Across the Universe". When I first tried to put it on there were technical difficulties but after a while it all worked out. It starred Evan Rachel Wood & Bono. The Beatles have always been my very favorites & the sixties my favorite era. The movie is a lot like "Apocalypse Now" & "1969" but all the music was written by either Lennon & McCartney or George Harrison. I wish there could have been a bit more emphasis on their early songs but it was really good. Anyone who's really knowledgeable about the Fab Four & the Vietnam era could have quite an interesting time with all the familiar references. It lasted for over two hours but I managed to hang on. Last night Mary Anne & Sam called to say happy birthday. Michael called a couple of hours later. They all seem to be doing quite well lately.

No comments: