Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ST. THERESE NOVENA

Yesterday I went to the first day of the annual novena to St. Therese of Lisieux. It's their eighty first year. It's at St. Anthony/St. George's Maronite church on 79 Loomis St. in Wilkes_Barre. They have a novena to her every Monday too. Unfortunately, Fr. Bill, who's in charge of the novena, is being transferred to Salt Lake City, Utah. Fr. Walsh, our pastor, was invited yesterday & last night to be the guest homilist. He & Fr. Bill, who's a monsignor, have been very good friends ever since they were kids. Unlike last year, when I was still entirely unfamiliar with the area, yesterday I did quite a good job of getting there & back. I made sure I stopped at the Sunoco on River Road in Plains for ten dollars worth of gas in case the prices go up again. Uncle Frankie showed up yesterday & hung around for a while. While he was here, Fran called. Mary Anne called last night too. Tomorrow is my father's birthday. We shall be partying over the weekend. I still haven't bothered to get my desperately needed haircut. It's a good way to get people crazy.

No comments: