Friday, September 26, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HENRY

Today is Henry's birthday. He's exactly ten days younger than I. He & I first met when we worked together in S.U.N.Y. Farmingdale's mail room & print shop in 1980. Then we worked together at the Melville postal service in 2004. Yesterday I tried to give blood in Plains. I showed up very early, but wasn't allowed to give them anything because my iron count was too low. Technicalities like that happen every once in a while. As soon as I got kicked out, I made sure I went over to the Little Flower novena. Of course, I was more than a little early. Fr. Bill opened the church at 2:30. I talked to him for a couple of minutes. The weather is very damp & dreary today. It's been raining since at least very early this morning. That makes for a somewhat more than slightly annoying Friday dance. Mary Anne & family will be showing up tonight if the weather's not too bad. If it really stinks, they'll be here tomorrow.

No comments: