Monday, September 29, 2008

VERY BUSY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

Everybody came in for my father's seventy fifth birthday party on Saturday. I ended up having to lector, with Mary, at 5:00 Mass, but other than that I was there throughout the whole thing. As always I ate entirely too much for my own good. As I was on my way home from the Little Flower novena on Friday, my oil change light went on. I was scared half to death to let it go on any longer so I made an 11:00 appointment for an oil change on Saturday. Surprisingly the price of an oil change seems to have gone down latley. Fortunately it was only a very short trip with no extra surprise expenses. Over the weekend Michael & Steve changed my guitar strings. It sounds so much better & nicer. I still make sure I practice quite conscientiously each day for a significant length of time. On the way home yesterday I stopped at Mr. Z's on River Road in Plains for milk. Their parking lot absolutely stinks. Mary Anne & family are entirely too liberal so there was a lot of complaining about McCain & Palin over the weekend. As far as I'm concerned, no matter who wins, we're all in extremely seriously big trouble anyway. Uncle Frankie came over yesterday for a while. He & my father went to the big game on Friday night so they did a little more partying this week.

No comments: