Tuesday, October 14, 2008

ELECTION GETS CLOSER

Columbus Day worked out quite well. It was very nice & quiet. By now I'm plum sick & tired of all the electioneering & can't wait to get Election Day over with. The phone constantly rings with recorded messages & surveys. I've always absolutely despised the phone anyway, even in general. Much of the mail these days is about politics too. My father had to take my mother to an 8:00 doctor's appointment this morning. At their age things like that come up a lot. Yesterday I watched "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire", once with Meredith Vieira & once with Regis Philbin. One of the benefits of my consistently watching that show is that I can increase the range of things that I'm knowledgeable about. It's a good way to find out about all sorts of things that could otherwise never even possibly have occurred to me. Lately I've been trying to learn to play John Lennon's "Working Class Hero". It's extremely heavily politically & socially charged & a good anti_war song. I should assume that very many people will be learning to play those kinds of songs these days.

No comments: