Friday, October 24, 2008

HAPPY FRIDAY

The week is winding down. It's time once again for our traditional Friday dance. A few days ago we got our new lector schedules for church. I have to lector again tomorrow at 5:00 Mass. Uncle Frankie came over for a while last night. He & my father are supposed to go to yet another game tonight. Recently I found out that the World Series this year is between Pa.'s very own Phillies & the Tampa Bay Rays. Never having even heard of the Rays before, I was a little confused at first. Because of my never having enjoyed sports I'm bound to get more than a little frustrated while the whole thing's going on. I made sure I sent my cousin Karen a Halloween card. Unfortunately she's in a hospice. My guitar playing has been still going reasonably well. Yesterday I tried playing Eric Clapton's "Let it Rain" from 1970. There's a part of it that Robert Cray used for "Smoking Gun" in 1985. A lot of musicians borrow. That's a very common practice in blues & folk music. I tried a bit of "Lay Down Sally" & "Knocking on Heaven's Door" too.

No comments: