Tuesday, November 18, 2008

REMEMBER REMEMBER THE FIFTH OF NOVEMBER

This month in history: How could I possibly have forgotten that the Fifth of November was Guy Fawkes Day, the commemoration of the Gunpowder Plot in England in 1605? This morning we saw the first snowfall, in the area, of the season. So far it's been very mild & even kind of nice. Last night I finished "Troilus & Cressida" & started "As You Like It". Uncle Frankie came over for a while last night. As always he & my parents spent quite a while rambling on about things that are of interest to them. "ALF" was on twice last night. I'm so happy to see it's back in reruns. It's on Chicago's WGN America, a channel that appears to have quite a lot of especially good old shows. Gas prices, surprisingly, are still getting consistently lower each time I pass by a gas station. Thanksgiving's right around the corner & Christmas is getting closer & closer.

No comments: