Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MARDI GRAS HAIRCUT

Today is Mardi Gras Day, also known as Fat Tuesday. I celebrated by getting a haircut from Rose Chairge this morning. Fortunately there was no crowd there so I got it over with right away. The last time I showed up, a few months ago, I was forced to make a specific appointment. She watches all the current TV shows I never bother with. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the very first day of Lent. I have to lector, as always, at 9:00 a.m. Mass. Then I have to cover for Mary at 4:00 too. She called yesterday to make sure I'd still be available. To my shock & chagrin it snowed yet again last night. At least it didn't amount to anything beyond a really nice light dusting. Oddly I didn't notice any of the neighborhood neurotics out frantically shoveling & sweeping it away. I'm extremely close to the end of that book as of yesterday.

No comments: