Monday, February 23, 2009

ITALIAN FEAST

On Saturday I filled in for Laura at 5:00 Mass. I was going to go to O.L. Mt. Carmel's Italian feast right after that but I ended up going yesterday. While I was there I got an entire meal & a freshly baked pecan pie. It was kind of crowded & the lines were a little long but it all worked out quite well. Everyone said, on Saturday, that a snowstorm was supposed to start that night. It started at around 7:00 a.m. yesterday but didn't amount to much of anything. Right now I'm trying, on Facebook, to talk to Doriana from Italy. All I know is we have the same last name & a major language barrier since neither of us understands the other's language well. I assume we're cousins. A rousing happy birthday goes to cousin Mark. He's about five months younger than I. Somehow I made a mistake & said on Saturday that yesterday was Beatle George's birthday. It's really on Wednesday. Wednesday is also Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. I've been getting much closer to the end of that book lately. All the small print drives my eyes crazy.

No comments: