Tuesday, November 17, 2009

JANE AUSTEN

Autumn continues to bring us above average temperatures & much nicer weather than I'm used to for November. All this week I shall be going to Pittston for 8:00 a.m. Mass at St. John's. I still don't know anybody who shows up but by now I'm getting used to all the familiar faces. So far nothing much of note has been going on over there. I'm still practicing my guitar. Lately I've been trying to get the hang of the scales in the mixolydian mode. It only seems difficult at first but each scale inevitably follows a set pattern anyway so it's more confusing than physically difficult. I've just started re_reading Jane Austen's "Northanger Abbey". I've already read it quite a few times. I'm still reading all those other things too. Gas prices have been going down very slowly lately. At least that's a little bit of temporary good news.