Saturday, March 15, 2008

NEW LADY AT CARMELITE MEETING

This morning I showed up at our monthly Carmelite meeting in Wilkes_Barre. We're always complaining that we haven't been able to get any new members but today we got a really interesting surprise. Theresa showed up. She was originally in another fraternity. It should be interesting having her around because she has a degree in theology. I am now the formation director for our fraternity. There was a little confusion because something got messed up over in Middletown, N.Y. Someone appears to have misplaced some paperwork of mine. I'm officially classified as an isolate from my old N.Y. fraternity. Unfortunately, Mary Anne is still very ill. At four o'clock this afternoon my parents & Uncle Frankie are supposed to get together for supper for St. Patrick's Day. It's also the Feast of St. Joseph. Fran's not available though, because her broken gam has been getting her crazy lately. The weather so far today has been reasonably nice. Surprisingly, it was around forty degrees at 7:30. Yesterday started out a little too cold but got nicer as the day went on. Maria, who's still recuperating, called my mother last night. I have to be the lector at 5:00 p.m. Mass in a few hours. Palm Sunday is quite a grind, as I can still remember from O.L.P.H.

No comments: