Tuesday, March 11, 2008

ST. JOSEPH'S NOVENA

Last night I went back to the St. Joseph's novena at the Oblates' seminary. Fr. Joe Jones, C.P. was there. I met him once before when I tried to see, a while ago, if I should join the Passionists. My parents went shopping for a few hours yesterday. When they got home, Uncle Frankie pulled in right behind them. Yesterday I finished "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". I started re_reading Flannery O'Connor's "The Violent Bear It Away". There's a truly ignorant couple here right now. They & their son come in quite frequently & talk out loud & make fools of themselves. Rules against cell phones & anti_social behavior in general apparently don't seem to apply to them. I suppose we should feel a bit sorry for the big mouths of the world because they're apparently more than a little on the simple minded & stupid side. I just found out yesterday that Eliot Spitzer, N.Y's governor, is in big trouble because of a prostitution scandal. Because I lived in New York until only a couple of years ago, I can't help wanting to keep track of it all. I decided to give the Wachovia Arena a call to find out about the exact details of the job fair. There were all sorts of buttons & numbers to push. They advertised things for everybody from the Harlem Globetrotters to the Blue Man Group but I couldn't find any reference to what I wanted.

No comments: