Thursday, June 05, 2008

MILESTONE ANNIVERSARY

Yesterday Mary Anne's & Steve's anniversary, as far as I know, went well. My parents called to wish them well. My mother's back's been hurting lately so she called Fran, a backache veteran, for advice. So far, she's ended up taking those little orange pills with pretty good results. My father & Uncle Frankie went to yet another game last night. It rained so they may not have enjoyed it as much as they could have. My latest Columbia came yesterday. The Knights of Columbus are always actively sticking their noses into things. They're even trying to get Fr. McGivney canonized. He's been officially declared venerable & the next step's beatification. Everybody's all agog lately about the election. I just hope whoever gets in ends the war & drops the gas prices. I tried using my excercise chair yesterday. I'm going to start trying to get a few minutes use out of it each day from now on. I'm always so lazy about it. I also picked up my guitar for the first time in quite a while. Usually I don't bother with it since I have a hard time keeping it in tune. I played "Do You Want to Know A Secret?", always a Lennon/McCartney favorite of mine. The only catch is that I haven't been able to get it out of my head for the past quite a while, ever since the last time I visited Mary Anne & started playing it over there. My cough has yet to stop driving me crazy.

No comments: