Monday, August 04, 2008

STORM & BLACKOUT

Saturday there was quite a bit of trouble around here because of a violent storm early in the day. We have a lot of them these days anyway but this time a transformer got hit by lightning leaving us in the dark until late afternoon. Life is awfully boring & annoying without electricity. It was impossible even to make a pot of coffee. Anything even the least bit electric was entirely messed up. Fortunately yesterday was nice enough to be able to go to KrissyKrissyKrissy's for Natalie's christening. I pigged out of course. Every time I get too close to junk food, I lose all self control. There was legitimate food too. My parents, Aunt Helen & I went together. I was quite happy to be able to see Larry, Gary & their families. It's a nice way to keep track of all that's been going on over in New York lately. There was too much traffic on the way, though, because the annual race was on that day. The church, St. Joseph's, was exactly what a church is supposed to be like as far as I'm concerned. Modern style churches make me cringe. Ed's car got sideswiped in a hit & run when he wasn't around but someone reported it & a policeman arrived as soon as we got outside. Happy twenty fifth wedding anniversary to Aunt Lauren & Uncle Jim (May), & Gary & Maria, this month. On Saturday I lectored at 5:00 Mass & all seemed to have gone well.

No comments: