Monday, March 16, 2009

FATTENING WEEKEND

Saturday worked out well. Uncle Frankie, Fran & Lisa came over for St. Patrick's Day. Of course Cheryl called & I ended up having to cover for her at 5:00 Mass so I couldn't eat until after 6:00. There were corned beef, cabbage & all the usual other things. To my chagrin, the pie tasted a bit on the weird side but everything else was really good. From what I heard of it, the parade over in Scranton was pretty big & went really well. Tomorrow will be the real St. Patrick's Day. As always, though, the celebrating was over the nearest weekend. Last night, unfortunately, the phone rang off the hook. First it was Bill, then Maria, then Mary Anne. I've never been able to stand the phone. Now we are at the final countdown for the official start of spring. Last night, for some strange reason, I watched some of "Larry the Cable Guy". That is one supremely tacky show. It's quite an absolutely bottomless pit of tacky & tasteless.

No comments: