Tuesday, May 19, 2009

BARNES & NOBLE

Uncle Frankie showed up for a while yesterday. My mother talked to Bridget on the phone & Steve was still in bed with the flu. Today's election day around here. It's mostly a local thing. To my chagrin I haven't been bothering to keep track of things so I can't vote. This brings us to yet another of the several things I've never been able to stand about this area. Although the scenery in this general area has always been so especially nice, the blithering idiots who are involved with politics make it absolutely horrible looking. They pollute the view with all sorts of posters & placards advertising for the politicians. It's tacky, crude, gross & vulgar. Yesterday I made sure I spent a while at Barnes & Noble next door to the Wyoming Valley Mall. It's a good way to get exercise. I'm still reading all those books on Carmel & I've started reading yet another one about a Christian author's response to a recent book touting atheism. This morning's weather unfortunately was cold. Fortunately, though, it must be very much nicer by now. I've heard we can expect nice weather from now on. Yesterday I got my newsletter from St. John's Diocesan High School in West Islip. It's a fast easy way to keep up with what's going on at my old school.