Monday, June 15, 2009

NOT FATHER'S DAY

The weather has been very nice lately, especially today. Saturday evening there was a major torrential downpour for only a very short time. It was violently windy. Last night it rained considerably too. Uncle Frankie came over for a while each day. Fran showed up for a little while on Saturday because her dog died. Everybody's been doing a lot of work lately to get ready for the Fourth of July. It's only about two weeks away. Yesterday I stopped at a local automotive store on Wyoming Avenue in Exeter to make an appointment to get my car's air conditioning fixed. I have a coupon. Somehow I got the distinct impression that yesterday was Father's Day. Fortunately my parents set me straight when I mentioned it to them. Yesterday some guy called me on the phone to ask about Peter King & his opponent in the next congressional election over in Nassau County, N.Y. I felt bad at first because I didn't recognize the names. Why should I though? I don't even live in N.Y.