Saturday, July 18, 2009

CARMELITE MEETING


Thursday afternoon I took my car over to AA in Exeter to get its air conditioner fixed. I left it overnight for yesterday. Uncle Frankie drove me to the place & my father drove me home. It was only a minor problem, a small leak. It was very inexpensive. So far it's been working out quite well. Lately I've been regularly practicing the Beatles' "Do You Want to Know A Secret?" on the guitar. It's fairly easy to play & it's always been quite a favorite of mine. I recently started re_reading Dostoevsky's "The Possessed". It's very hard to handle so I have to pay close attention to it. This morning I went to the Carmelite meeting in Wilkes_Barre. Rosemarie Lancellotti & Fr. Garth showed up. We have to make a lot of changes from now on. Yesterday I saw Kenneth Branagh's "Othello" with Laurence Fishburne & Irene Jacob on a video tape. This weekend is the feast at St. Anthony of Padua in Exeter. It started last night but there was a violent rainstorm so I didn't go. Walter Cronkite died last night. He's the latest in a long line of recent famous deaths.