Wednesday, August 12, 2009

HAPPY IT'S OVER!


Barbara from the Carmelite meetings called yesterday with more information & questions. Our next meeting is this Saturday morning. Bob from St. Joseph's called last night too. He spent a lot of time talking about the lates developments at the churches. I also ran into him outside the church this morning. Fran's old friend, Linda, with her mother, was at Mass this morning. I haven't seen Linda in a few decades. She still looks about the same. Uncle Frankie showed up for a while yesterday. It's his birthday today although the party was on Sunday. Java's & Nunziata's thirty sixth wedding anniversary is also today. Another milestone today is Marie's birthday. She & I were in the same class from the eighth grade through high school. She's a little red haired girl but I've always liked her anyway. Lately the weather's been exceptionally hot & it rained for a while yesterday. I'm quite happy that there was no road block this morning on my way home. That was so annoying having to go through Wilkes_Barre just to get to my neighborhood from Sixth Street. Unfortunately I just overheard someone say that they've started working again. They must have gotten a late start today. I'm still reading "Don Quijote". Much of it is coming back to me because of my having already read it before.