Saturday, October 10, 2009

SWINE FLU

Uncle Frankie is back in circulation. My parents say he showed up for a while yesterday. He & my father made it to the game last night even though the weather was bad. The stationery next door to O.L. Mt. Carmel is opened again but when I went there this morning to get the Citizen's Voice the girl said she didn't have it. I went to Turkey Hill in Exeter & got it & a full tank of gas. Tomorrow is Frank's birthday. He's an old friend from 92 Street & St. Gabriel's. He's two years older than I. His sister Madeline & I were in the same class. The swine flue still hovers over us. Places have notices about safety precautions. I just noticed at church lately, that the Diocese of Scranton has all sorts of new directives to avoid risk. There are posters on doors in the churches. Columbus Day is coming up on Monday. I suppose we shall have to be ready for all the inevitable subversive left wing protests.