Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HAPPY 2010!~

The weather today is about the same as yesterday. Every day lately, as I drive past the Susquehanna, I can't help noticing that a lot of the water is frozen. There are large chunks of broken ice all over the place. Uncle Frankie showed up for a while yesterday. As soon as he left he went someplace on a big trip. I'm still reading the book by Cardinal Dulles. At the rate of at least fifty pages each day it goes pretty fast. It most certainly isn't easy to understand though. I made a bit of a mistake recently. Somehow I got the impression that I was supposed to go to a meeting tonight in Pittston. The next meeting is next Wednesday night. Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. As virtually always, I shall end up just hanging around lamenting the fact that it will be impossible for me to get any sleep with all that constant noise. I've forgotten the exact date but Fr. Hugh McGroarty's ninetieth birthday is this week. Everyone was congratulating him this morning. He's from St. John the Evangelist Church in Pittston. They gave him a really nice big party.