Monday, December 28, 2009

SAME MOVIES

Christmas went quite well & now we're all planning to get started on the new year. One of my Christmas presents was a gift card for Barnes & Noble. I made sure I went there yesterday. Practically as soon as I got there I noticed a copy of Avery Cardinal Dulles' "Church & Society" so I got it. I started reading it right away. Uncle Frankie came over a few times over the weekend. Fran left early. Steve, Sam, Michael & I spent a little while on Saturday helping her to move an old dresser out to the garage. On Saturday I lectored at 5:00 Mass to cover for Cheryl's daughter. This morning was Fr. Marchetti's last Mass at our parishes. Now we're in the same mess we were in six months ago when Fr. Walsh left us. On Saturday night I saw "The Maltese Falcon" & "A Man For All Seasons" yet again too. I got my annual Christmas card from Grace, Daren's mother. Daren died in September 2005. Birthday greetings go out to Kimbley. She & I worked together at Citicorp in Melville & Farmingdale. She seems to be doing well these days.