Tuesday, February 02, 2010

GROUNDHOG DAY

The weather is still consistently ice cold. I've been trying to learn to play the Beatles' "Norwegian Wood" lately. The version in the "Acoustic Guitar" magazine makes much more sense than the version in the large Beatle book I have. Yesterday I also read a few more pages of "The Merchant Of Venice". Today is Groundhog Day. Alas our friend Phil saw his shadow so we can expect yet another six weeks of winter. Today is also Nicolas' birthday. He's the older of my cousin Mark's sons. Judy, from the Carmelites, called me a few days ago. Aunt Lauren called my mother yesterday. Yesterday I went to Dunkin' Donuts in West Pittston & got a bagel with bacon & eggs, & a hot chocolate, for breakfast. I've never been in the habit of eating breakfast but I have a lot of coupons.