Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A_HUNTING THEY WILL GO


All went well on the trip. I went to 7:00 p.m. Mass at St. Anthony's in Exeter on Sunday evening & since then things have been back to the usual grind around here. I got kicked out of the library early yesterday, & didn't get a chance to put anything onto my blog, because it was the first day of hunting season & a state holiday in Pa. The place was crowded. When I used to go to Buffalo, Uncle Vince & Java, Sr. always celebrated my arrival with a hunting trip as soon as I first showed up before Thanksgiving. I guess N.Y.'s hunting season must start early. Yesterday was bitter icy cold & pouring but today the weather's much nicer. My father & Uncle Frankie went to the V.A hospital this morning because both have been sick lately & they wanted to get things straightened out. I got a book from Mary Anne & I'm almost finished with it. It's about the evolution of the Oxford English Dictionary, which was begun on Guy Fawkes Day of 1857 & took seventy one years to complete. It's the definitive dictionary of the English language. There are all sorts of odd details in the book. I'm also continuing to read "War & Peace". Even at the rate of forty pages a day, it will still take well over a month to finish. My musical additions to my blogs have been going quite well so far. My tastes, in spite of my long_standing image, have always been quite genre_defyingly eclectic. I've been finding out the hard way, from the site I use, that there all sorts of music out there. People have extremely seriously weird surprising combinations of tastes.

No comments: