Monday, December 17, 2007

BLIZZARDS


These days the snow & ice just keep right on constantly hounding us. I went to Saturday Mass & lectored there even though I was on the schedule for 10:00 a.m. yesterday. I knew I wouldn't be able to make it. Laura called on the phone yesterday & said she couldn't show up either. There were power failures. Three TV channels didn't come in. Cables were knocked down in the streets. I spent a large part of the day reading "War & Peace". This morning, it took quite a while to get the ice off my car. My driver's side door wouldn't open for a while & I ended up having to climb through the passenger side. On top of that, I couldn't help noticing that some complete lunatic of a guy, a pedestrian, tried walking down the street. He slipped every couple of inches & consistently punctuated each of his falls with an expletive. Last night, I watched "An American in Paris" with Leslie Caron, Gene Kelly & lots of other big names of that era. It's full of Gershwin music. I see Dan Fogelberg, the guy who sang that mammoth classic, "Longer" in 1981, has died. Yesterday I also watched Raymond Arroyo's interview with Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who has just published his autobiography.

No comments: