Saturday, February 02, 2008

GREETINGS FROM GOBBLER'S KNOB

Happy Groundhog Day. Unfortunately Phil saw his shadow over in Gobbler's Knob. The weather is a little damp but acceptable, especially compared to yesterday. O.L. Mt. Carmel is supposed to have their Italian feast this weekend. I have to lector at 5:00 Mass first. Then I can go. Last year I ended up having a really nice time, though I pigged out entirely too much. I went home the hard way because I wasn't quite familiar enough with the area & all its tricks just yet. Now I know a trick or two to save me any unnecessary aggravation. Tomorrow's the Super Bowl. I'm completely apathetic toward sports so whether the Giants or Patriots win Super Bowl XLII means nothing to me anyway. Ever since I was only a kid, sports have always struck me as an entirely unwelcome chore instead of an enjoyable interest. This morning on my way home from Pittston, I heard R.E.M.'s version of John Lennon's "#9 Dream" from 1974's somewhat forgotten "Walls & Bridges" album. Although I've never really been all that crazy about R.E.M., its sounded really good. In honor of their big upcoming anniversary this month, last night I made sure I listened to a bunch of early Beatle stuff.

No comments: