Wednesday, February 27, 2008

SNOWED AGAIN LAST NIGHT

Happy birthday to my cousins Mark, on Feb. 23 & Gary today. There was lots of rain yesterday followed by a bit of snow last night. I hardly ever bother to waste any time on the likes of Oprah Winfrey but yesterday I just couldn't help it. Rick ("Jessie's Girl") Springfield, Henry "The Fonz" Winkler & William "Captain Kirk" Shatner were all on it. Hey I couldn't help getting that extra dose of retro. They were all reminiscing about their glory days. Unfortunately, I just found out that the prominent conservative commentator, host of TV's "Firing Line", author & founder of the "National Review" William F. Buckley has died at the age of eighty two. Yesterday, I got my much_anticipated copy of "Latin Mass" magazine. You never know when a thorough knowledge of the things they cover will come in quite handy. I always seem to have to deal with people who are quite knowledgeable about obscure things. Hey you can't possibly even begin to imagine how many times I've been hanging around at bowling alleys, Walmarts, etc., when somebody will start rambling on about Kant, Locke or the Golden Age of Catholicism in seventeenth century France. A guy has to make sure he's prepared for things like that.

No comments: