Monday, January 19, 2009

PARTYING YESTERDAY

It most certainly wasn't exactly a party. Fran was home for the weekend so my parents & I went over to visit her & Uncle Frankie for a while. I was supposed to go to the Holy Name Society last night for a meeting & the installation of officers but I chickened out because I couldn't handle another full meal. Lately the weather has been consistently absolutely miserable but manageable. My car doors were frozen shut this morning. Uncle Frankie came over for a while last night & he & my father watched the Steelers' game. I've never liked sports so I watched old sitcoms. Instead of "ALF", though, I watched an interview with Robert H. Bork, the famous conservative judge, on BookTV. Unfortunately, when I called someone from Pennsylvanians for Human Life to see if I could get a seat on the bus to Washington, D.C. on Thursday morning, he said there were no available openings. He took my name though, just in case. It would have been really nice if I could have gotten there just in time to make a statement right at the very beginning of the new administration.

No comments: