Tuesday, January 20, 2009

PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA II~


By the time I've finished writing this, Obama will have already been sworn in as the country's forty fourth president, the very first ever black, to have held the office. Everyone's been waiting with bated breath for the ultimate moment of truth. Nobody's ever been able to stand W. He & Cheney have always reminded me of a late model Nixon & Agnew. According to CNN, about two million people are expected to show up. Right now I'm trying to connect to CNN by way of Facebook, so I can see the inauguration. Unfortunately it's not quite working out. A few days ago I watched something on TV about Rutherford B. Hayes . I don't know anything about him. He's one of the much more obscure presidents, Ulysses S. Grant's immediate successor. Uncle Frankie showed up for a while yesterday. It turned out to be just a typical visit. Nothing much appears to be going on with him lately except that he now has a mustache. When I got up this morning to make the coffee, the kitchen sink, once again, couldn't come up with any cold water because of the weather.

No comments: