Friday, February 06, 2009

BLOOD DRIVE

I never bothered to show up at yesterday's blood drive over in Wilkes_Barre. It's not all that big of a deal though because when I got to 8:00 Mass this morning at St. John's in Pittston, I noticed, in their bulletin, that they'll be having one on Sunday anyway. I'd rather show up at someplace like that that's much closer. The weather has been particularly cold so far this morning. Yesterday I got a copy, at Barnes & Noble in Wilkes_Barre, of Tom Woods' book "How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization". It struck me as so especially interesting that I've already finished over half of it in only one sitting. Prof. Woods & I are on each other's Facebook friends' lists. Once again, last night, I didn't end up staying up late enough to be able to see "Burn Notice" but I shall try to get started on it eventually. Until then I shall simply have to be content with all the old shows & some game shows. Tomorrow is the forty fifth anniversary of the Beatles' first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show. That's always quite a major event for me.

No comments: