Wednesday, June 10, 2009

TORNADO STRIKES


Life has been going by very quietly lately. Today we wish a very happy birthday to Ruthie, a friend from my days in Queens. Yesterday I was watching the news & couldn't help noticing that two young employees of a New York IGA were getting an award for helping an eighty nine year old woman who was being mugged. I didn't hear anyone mention the name of the specific place but the picture of the shopping center looked exactly like the one in Copiague at the intersection between Great Neck Road & Montauk Highway. Yesterday on TV there was a warning about a tornado in Wayne County. The storm watch lasted until around 8:00 p.m. I looked it up & it's at the far northeastern corner of the state on the N.Y. border. All we got around here was a lot of noise from thunder. The storm was relatively slight & didn't last. The TV went out for a second but that's as bad as it ever got. I'm still reading all those books. I have to read them very slowly because they're all so deep.