Tuesday, July 28, 2009

WARM SPELL


Uncle Frankie came over for a while yesterday for just a typical visit. I finished my bag of that spicy Chinese trail mix yesterday & started another one. It tastes quite good in a bizarre distinctive way. Last night I listened to one of my Mozart CD's for a little while. I also listened to a Scott Joplin CD. Joplin's songs always remind me of what it most feel like to have to be stranded in a silent movie. When I was a kid in high school, Marvin Hamlisch recorded a version of "The Entertainer" for the movie, "The Sting". In keeping with my habit lately, I played my guitar & read a lot yesterday. The weather's been awfully warm lately. At least the air conditioning in my car has been working fairly well so far. A lot of people complain about heat but I can't get enough of it.