Saturday, November 17, 2007

BACK IN THE NEW YORK GROOVE


We're back in Long Beach now. The foliage in New Jersey & New York is doing quite an especially nice job of turning colors for autumn. The trip only took around three hours with virtually no traffic worth mentioning. It's a cold day but I felt very warm in the car. It's always struck me as so awfully odd coming to New York as an outsider. Tomorrow, at about two o'clock, we shall be visiting Aunt Norma & the Massapequa kinfolk. I called them up & when Eddie answered the phone, he recognized my voice right away without any help. Michael's at Hofstra now. Bridget & Sam are here at the house. Today we've been eating cold cuts, pizza & junk food. Bridget has lots of Halloween candy left over. I even drank Dr. Brown's celery soda, an all_time favorite of mine. According to Mary Anne & Steve, it's very popular among the Jews. They're both going to Italy tomorrow night. Maybe, while we're here, I shall even get a chance to go on over to Lindenhurst & surprise all my old homeys. The Ronald & Mark are still rambling on about that e mail that Jo Ann got them started on. My cousins & friends have all sorts of conflicting controversial ideas. My jury duty has been deferred until December. All it took was one letter & one phone call. I shall still have to show up sooner or later anyway unfortunately.

No comments: