Wednesday, January 07, 2009

MERRY RUSSIAN CHRISTMAS

The snow started fairly early yesterday afternoon. It stopped after a short time but must have started again somewhere over the course of the night. When I got up to go to 8:00 Mass at St. John's it was raining & everything was icy. I still don't have such a whole lot of experience with driving around here in bad weather unfortunately so it really bothered me, especially because it was so dark at that time & the roads are steep. I heard on the radio this morning that today is Russian Orthodox Christmas. Lately I've been taking advantage of the lulls among my Facebook connections to join some of the many groups they have, especially for us fans of classic literature & sixties music. My parents called Uncle Frankie. He hasn't come over in the past week. He's still feeling ill. That really stinks at times like this.

No comments: