Monday, June 01, 2009

ANGELO CARDINAL SODANO


The weekend went quite well. The only thing that really bugged me was that Cheryl called at 4:15 to ask me to lector for her at 5:00. I absolutely can't stand it that she always does that. Uncle Frankie showed up a few times over the weekend. I just noticed recently that Snapple, always a very favorite of mine, now comes in plastic bottles. Up until only very recently I'd only known it to be available in extremely thick heavy glass bottles. Lately I've been on a bit of a Snapple binge, drinking a bottle a day. Usually I like to drink it very sparingly because they only have relatively few flavors & it gets boring after a short time. This weekend Angelo Cardinal Sodano, Pope John Paul II's Cardinal Secretary of State & Pope Benedict XVI's Dean of the College of Cardinals, visited the Oblates of St. Joseph. He's from the same part of Italy as the saint who founded the congregation. I made sure I went to 3:00 Mass at O.L. Mt. Carmel in Pittston where he was the principal celebrant & homilist. Bishop Timlin was also there. There was a very nice reception after Mass but I couldn't go because I didn't know you were supposed to make reservations in advance. At least I can now add yet another distinguished character to the list of famous people I've gotten a chance to see in person.