Saturday, August 29, 2009

BUSY WEEKEND


It's been rainy ever since yesterday. So far this morning it hasn't rained but it's still very cloudy cool & dreary. My father & Uncle Frankie went to their game yesterday so I guess it wasn't quite all that bad by their standards. My parents have been cooking & shopping constantly lately because of the big weekend up ahead of us. Mary Anne, Steve & the kids were supposed to show up last night but because of the rain & problems with their schedules they promised to leave at around 7:00 a.m. today. Assuming they did what they said they should have already arrived by now. Originally I was on the schedule to lector at 5:00 today but because we're supposed to eat at around 5:00 I ended up having to call Lucy Anne to get her to cover for me. I tried, at first, to track down Mary. She didn't answer the phone though. I'm still reading Chekhov & playing my guitar. Tomorrow's Lexi's birthday. She's Jamie & Amanda's daughter over in Michigan. She'll be thirteen.