Tuesday, August 25, 2009

RIGHT TURN SIGNAL TROUBLES


My mother spent a while on the phone with Fran yesterday getting ready for next weekend's big birthday party. Lately every weekend around here seems to turn out to be entirely too fattening for me to be able to handle. Uncle Frankie came over for a while yesterday, last night & this morning. He & my parents spent their usual endless hours at a time rambling on about the past & gossip. I'm still reading "Don Quijote" & practicing my guitar. A few days ago I noticed that my right rear turn signal wasn't working. This morning I went to the AA store in Exeter & got a couple of bulbs to get it fixed. My father has all the necessary tools for the job. Around here it's not an especially bright idea to drive without turn signals. People in this area drive like raging lunatics. Everybody needs all the help he can get. I found out on the news yesterday that Michael Jackson was murdered. It's most certainly not exactly my idea of newsworthy because I've absolutely never been able to stand that family but they're really famous so people want to find out about it all.