Wednesday, August 26, 2009

RIP, TED KENNEDY


Uncle Frankie came over for a while yesterday. Tomorrow there will be yet more work done on the Wyoming Bridge on Eighth Street. Anyone who wants to enter or leave this area will have to go by way of Forty Fort or Pittston. They're a few miles away to the north & south of here. I'm still playing my guitar & reading "Don Quijote". I'm down to the last few dozen pages of that very long book. Unfortunately I heard on the news early this morning that Massachussetts Senator Ted Kennedy has died. He was one of the three famous Kennedy brothers. They played quite a large part in all that made the 1960's such a notoriously controversial time. EMK, the youngest of them, was among the last remaining links to that era. His sister Eunice recently died too. Today's Ed's birthday. He's KrissyKrissyKrissy's husband. Monday was the birthday of former Arizona Gov. Mike Huckabee. He & I are on each other's Facebook friend lists.