Wednesday, October 14, 2009

DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT

The weather's still very cold for much of the day. Cathleen, over in California, says she's been ill lately but I don't know if they have as much trouble with the flu over there as we do here. I ate quite a lot of Halloween candy yesterday unfortunately. That's not a good habit to get into. My father got up really early this morning to take Uncle Frankie to the V.A. hospital for a doctor's appointment. Yesterday I watched a Biography Channel show about "The Facts Of Life". As a general rule I absolutely can't stand Norman Lear. It's because of characters of his ilk that we're in the mess we're in these days. I've always really enjoyed quite a few of his TV shows though. That was one of his best. I'm still reading the book by Umberto Eco. It gets a little easier to figure out each day.