Saturday, January 09, 2010

THE FIRST ELVIS

It's still violently cold although the snow has abated for a while so far. The roads are clear. Yesterday I called Chris to see about making arrangements for the bus ride to Washington, D.C. on January 22. It's the big annual pro_life march. All I have to do is to send the money to the address I got. The fee covers a buffet lunch in a Maryland restaurant. I've never gone on this trip before. I dread having to be at my Knights of Columbus council in Luzerne at 6:00 a.m. but that's what I shall have to do. They're leaving at 6:45 after 6:30 Mass. There was a robbery a few blocks away from our neighborhood recently. That's pretty weird since there's a state trooper barracks right on Wyoming Avenue immediately down the street from here. Lately Elvis Presley has been getting a lot of attention because yesterday was his birthday. I've never liked him very much. As far as I'm concerned he's like a lot of overrated media sensations.