Tuesday, April 08, 2008

SPRING DAY

Today the weather's been especially nice, but a little on the cool side, so far. Marian, one of the church ladies, got very violently sick right at the very end of 9:00 a.m. Mass yesterday. She didn't show up today so I'm assuming she's still unable to get out. I put the site for Steve's jazz band on my netpotion website & they've been most certainly getting quite a very favorable response so far from all my connections. I also asked the netpotion people about what they thought of the word "ain't". It occurred to me yesterday that there really isn't any other legitimately available alternative for how to say the contraction of "am not". I've always been compulsively articulate so it gets me more than slightly miffed when someone tries to excuse inappropriate use of the English language. I'm down to my last few dozen pages of the Jane Austen book I've been reading. Frequently it goes epistolary on me. I have to read all the fine print in the letters written by certain characters. All the tiny little print gets me crazy. Yesterday I made sure I called the local Catholic radio station to get reservations to see Fr. Donald Calloway, M.I.C. He's a priest with the Congregation of Marians. I met him twice when I visited them at their scholasticate in Washington D.C. during the 1990's. I spent a few days there each time. That was when Fr. Larry Dunn & Fr. David Lord were their vocation directors.

No comments: